Wednesday 26 August 2015

Jolie and Cassie Bittern article

Today we are interviewing the eco warrior from the bittern. (We don't know his name, yet.)
"Now, what is your name?"
"My name is Babaloo."
"Well that's a very interesting name, don't ya think! And how old are you?"
"I am now 76 years old."
"Why didn't you drain your swamp?"
"Well, I wanted all the water birds like the bittern and the pukeko to have a place to live."
"That's a wonderful thing to do. But why did you care for the water birds?"
"Where else would the water birds live, they wouldn't live without a home."
"Ah, how were you treated?"
"Unfortunately I was not treated kindly, people called me a useless farmer and sometimes even a lazy Maori."
"Hhmm those horrible people, now how much do you care for the environment?"
"Oh I would do anything for the wonders of nature."
"Why are you becoming famous?"
"Well I guess because I didn't drain my swamp and I worked hard to do that. I did what it took!"

1 comment:

  1. Toni Jarmin Deputy Principal Grey Lynn School3 September 2015 at 03:08

    Hi Jolie and Cassie,
    Tahnks for sharing your learning.
    From Toni

    ReplyDelete